The Principles and Values
Our vision for Faldingworth Community Primary School is made up from the principles, aims and values that are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
We have recently undertaken an activity with the school community to select the core values that we feel are the most important for us. We have ensured that these values incorporate fundamental British values that prepare children for life in modern Britain. These are:
Respect for Self and Others- We appreciate the importance of respecting everyone and everything
Being Fair - We encourage everyone to become involved in decision making and listen to the views of others.
Right and Wrong - We always tell the truth and earn the trust of one another. We know why rules are important and why we have to respect them.
Rights and Responsibility - We encourage everyone to take resposibility for their behaviour aswell as being aware of their individual rights. We deomstrate high levels of confidence and self esteem.
Healthy Body and Mind - We have a positive attitude to learning and we know how to get support when managing our emotions.
Love Life and Each Other - We learn to care for each other with kind words and actions. We develop a positive approach to life's ups and downs.
• To be a happy, caring and welcoming school rooted in values and principles that safeguards and promotes the welfare of all within the school community
• To provide a high quality education and ensure high standards of achievement for every child
• To be a family orientated school that is at the heart of its community where all are respected and valued
• To develop our children's spirituality through encouraging curiosity, fostering a love of life and nurturing a sense of awe and wonder in the world around us
• To create successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens who are aspirational
• To encourage children to be resilient and resourceful so that they are able to adapt and grow in an ever-changing world
• To develop enthusiastic, positive and independent children who are equipped with life skills and who are prepared to meet the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead
• To open our children's minds to a world of possibilities by promoting risk-taking and creativity
• To prepare our children to achieve economic well-being through development of a range of attributes that employers look for such as effective team work and communication, problem-solving and leadership skills
• To promote a life-long love of learning by providing a stimulating, rich, exciting and engaging curriculum tailored to meet individual needs
• To foster successful partnerships with parents, carers, the church and local community
• To provide opportunities for our children to develop respect and understanding of their own faith, beliefs and culture and that of others